Advocating For Houston’s Injured Since 1996

Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec

Free Consultation:

Moving Forward After A Life-Changing Injury

We help you recover physically, emotionally and financially after your accident.

Compassionate Counsel After Losing A Loved One

If a loved one has recently passed away due to a reckless or negligent act, you’re likely experiencing great pain and confusion.

When someone dies through the fault of another person, this can give rise to a legal claim for wrongful death and survival claims. Distinguishable from criminal charges, such as homicide or manslaughter, wrongful death is a civil claim brought by the family or other survivors of the victim.

A wrongful death claim allows plaintiffs to seek compensation for the emotional and monetary harm they’ve suffered due to their loved one’s death.

From Shane’s interview for the Masters of the Courtroom series on

We’re There In Your Time Of Need

It’s important to consult a skilled and dedicated wrongful death attorney to determine if you have a claim for compensation. Shane Kadlec is prepared to guide you through your darkest hour.

Who Can Sue For Wrongful Death Under Texas Law?

Not just anyone affected by the decedent’s passing can sue for wrongful death. To be able to bring this type of lawsuit, a party must have legal standing, meaning that the person is suing on behalf of the victim’s estate or as a survivor, such as a spouse or child, who has suffered injuries as a result of the person’s death. Referred to as “real parties in interest” under Texas law, the following parties are most commonly recognized as having standing to sue in this regard:

  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Parents

Wrongful death claims can arise from a variety of circumstances. At the Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec, we pursue actions on behalf of the decedent’s estate and the immediate family members.

Contact Us For The Help You Need

If you lost a loved one, trust our board-certified attorney to provide the skilled representation you need. Call our Houston office at 281-643-2000, or contact us online for help.